Its easy! Unlike portable generators, permanently installed standby generators eliminate the need for extension cords and gas cans by operating on an existing fuel supply. Here’s how it works:
- The generator monitors incoming voltage from the utility line
- When the utility power is interrupted, the generator detects the problem and goes to work
- The automatic transfer switch safely disconnects the utility line and simultaneously connects a new power line from the generator
- Power is restored within seconds
- When utility power is restored, the generator returns to standby mode
Our Staff and Our Service Sets Us Apart!
Yes, you can buy on-line, from a “big box” or electrician, but what do you do for service and maintenance after the purchase?
At Suburban Services Group, we have ALL the capabilities you need for a stand-by generator:
- Professional sizing: get the proper size for you and your home.
- Numerous factory trained technicians for FAST service should it be needed.
- Numerous stocked trucks – all over the capital region, and a large stock of parts and entire generators to better serve you!
- Phones are answered 24/7. Try getting that from an on-line, big box or average electrician.
- We offer Preventative Maintenance Plans
- We stock Generac parts and maintenance kits
Most people are not prepared for a power outage.
In addition to the obvious loss of light, a power outage during the winter could result in the loss of heat and burst pipes. A power outage in warm weather climates could result in the loss of air conditioning and mold damage. In any climate, food left in refrigerators or freezers without power is likely to spoil.
These are significant issues with expensive consequences. Luckily, they can be avoided.
As the #1 selling home standby generator, GENERAC automatic standby generators provide peace of mind for home and business owners. No other name in the industry compares.