Heating Repair and Servicing, Albany
We’ve been in the Heating business since the early 1980’s. Our technicians take continuing-education courses to stay up to date on all of the changing technology in the heating field: Gas burners, oil burners, condensing boiler technology and all the other super-efficient technology being placed into service during this period of increasing energy costs. Whether you are heating with gas or oil, we are here to help when it comes to service, repairs or upgrading your heating systems.
In those 30+ years, we’ve learned that quality, “name brand” equipment such as Trane, Buderus, etc. makes a difference!
It’s typically designed and engineered better, with better “internal components” and a structural “ridgidity” that cheaper equipment just doesn’t have.
For any piece of equipment, regular maintenance and service is always a good idea: Some of the things you can do as a homeowner:
- Change your air filters in a forced air system. Both winter AND summer if you have air conditioning.
- Make sure your supply registers and return grills are not covered or blocked. Some furniture and/or drapes etc. can compromise your heating AND cooling.
- If your unit requires lubrication that you can safely access, consider taking care of it annually.
- Hot Water: keep radiators or baseboard heaters clean so heat will flow.
- All systems: keep lint (from clothes dryer) and/or extreme dust (woodshop) from accumulating on or in the unit.
- Keep surrounding moisture (damp basement, sump pits, fish tanks, open dirt floor) to a minimum. Excess moisture corrodes every metal part and all electrical connections.
Some things to call a professional for:
- If your unit vents into a chimney, the base has to be clear for flue gases to escape. If you don’t have your equipment professionally serviced: a minimum of every year on oil, every other year on gas, you can’t be your unit is venting properly. Checking the chimney base is one part of the services we offer.
- Routine Maintenance for the entire system: Modern equipment, although very efficient and typically long-lasting, still requires regular service. Our Planned Maintenance Agreements serve our customers well by maintaining your entire system.